Friday, May 2, 2008

Why things happen in your life.

Have you ever wondered why things have happened to you in your life? And I just don't mean big things but little things as well. You know I used to wonder that myself and I came to the realization that "everything happens for a reason". That is what I would like to discuss today. You may not understand why you are going through what you currently are experiencing but there is a reason or a purpose for it. God has an exact plan for you and one reason you may be experiencing things in your life, big or small, is that He is trying to teach you something. From the most minute things to the biggest things in life! Everything happens for a reason!

I can remember one very low point in my life when my kids and I were homeless. I had no where else to turn and ended up in the soup kitchen line at the Salvation Army. That was probably one of my lowest times, having to go stand in line and ask for food to feed my kids. There were all sorts of people there. Some were pretty creepy and scary looking. Some of them had tired and weary looks on some their faces and to be very honest, it gave me the creeps. Some of them looked like they were stopping by after a business meeting to get something to eat. There were all sorts of people from different walks of life that were also reaching out for help. At that time I had no idea why I was going through that or how in the world this could of happened to me! I must say what a humbling experience it was for me and did not know at the time how my life was going to change from that moment on. But that was the lesson. I truly believe that God was showing me how to be humble, not to judge other's, being patient with other's and most importantly, to seek Him in everything!

You wonder sometimes why. You may not know that answer immediately. However, one day you will come to the realization that wow, that's what God was trying to teach me, show me, direct me, lead me or to keep me from making a horrible mistake. It may take years before you really know the reason why. But I can guarantee one thing, you will definitely learn something very valuable through your experiences and you will become a stronger person! And, you will be able to look back on that experience and see how you were victorious in it!

Therefore, everything happens for a reason and the best thing to do is listen, take notes of what is happening in your life, analyze it, seek guidance and direction, and just know how your character is being fine tuned for something bigger in life! That in itself is very exciting! You will become a better person from that particular experience!

No comments: