Monday, May 5, 2008

Make It a beautiful Monday

For all of you that are dreading to go to work this Monday morning. Be thankful that you have a job! For those that hate the drive, be thankful that you have a vehicle. For those that your children woke up fussy and cranky, be thankful that you have those precious ones in your life. For those that are wishing they had a new house, be thankful for the one you have. For those of you that were able to take a nice hot shower this morning, be thankful that you had water so abundantly! Such simple things in life sometimes go unappreciated. Before you can move on to the next step in your life, you have to be thankful for where you are right at this moment!

I can remember when I didn't have a car, job, house and hot water! I look back at those rough and trying times and I am thankful for each and every little thing that is in my life today. Sometimes people get just a little too big or high and mighty and God has a way of dealing with you and bringing you back down to earth. He certainly dealt with me many, many years ago and it certainly taught me a very valuable lesson.

At one time in my life I had to leave everything behind! Every household item and furniture that I had accumulated over the years had to be left behind. It seemed at that time to be so traumatic to me, but over the years as I grew into a more mature person and God showed me how material things really do not matter at all!! More important than material things for me was to remember the memories that had been created and the sentimental things that you could never put a price tag on. It taught me that the smallest of things sometimes were the most important.

What is most important to me in my life today, my family! I am so thankful for every little minute I get to hold, kiss and hug my grand babies. To see their smiling and innocent precious faces. When my son calls and tells me, "Hey mom, I was thinking about you the other day." Or when my daughter calls me on her way to school to chat with me every morning about what she is going through in her life and ask for me to pray for her for certain things. When my husband does the things he does for me every day. Those are the types of things that are truly most important! Just remember, material things can be gone in an instant, but the memories, relationships, time spent and appreciation for family are embedded in your life forever! THAT is what is really important. Enjoy the ones around you and show them how much you appreciate them being in your life!

No comments: