Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Thinking of changing the name of this blog

Good morning to all of you early birds out there. I woke up in the middle of the night last night thinking about this blog. I know strange, huh? I just have a hunch that there may be some people that might not want advice from Nana. That gives off some sort of age reminder, and that is the last thing I want to do. Since I would like for this to be an advice blog, I'm thinking about changing it to Ask Deb. Or something along those lines. If anybody has any ideas, I am open to listening to them. If I don't get any suggestions from anybody, then I think I am going with Ask Deb.

Since part of the reason for this blog is to motivate people as well, I thought I would add some sort of motivation saying to encourage you along your way in this outstanding life! This first thing that comes to my mind that has helped me a lot in my past is, "This too shall pass!" I can't tell you how many times, especially when I was a single mother, that this little piece of saying helped me to hang in there and to keep gettin it and not to give up! It was hard, tough, humiliating, an everyday struggle just to feed my kids, but at the same time, I grew up and decided to take on the challenge. So for those of you that are going through something similar, hang in there, "This too shall pass!" It will get easier and at some point in time you will be able to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I finally came through it and am a different person because of it. It made me a stronger person. It showed me who I really was and what was most important to me in life and of course, that was my kids and my family.

I have two amazing children that have also learned from that experience. They knew as they got older, that they never wanted to be in a situation like that. I have admired them as they have grown into very productive and respectful adults. I can see them use some of the things I taught them and that makes my heart flutter! To know they too have become stronger and our bond as a family is one of the most powerful and rewarding experiences we share.

So my advice for today; Go out and do something for someone. Make a difference in a persons life! Sometimes it can be the smallest of things that could change someone for the better, or just to help them get through the day! Make it a beautiful Tuesday!

No comments: