Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Today's Inspiration

For years I have struggled with weight issues. I am always aware and wondering what do people really think of me. I know that the people around me and the one's that love me the most, love me no matter what and that is certainly encouraging. They don't see my weight, they see the person I really am!

However, we know that in today's society, weight is always a big issue and I have always wanted people to see me for what is inside. The values that I have, the love that I have for other's, the hard and dedicated worker that I am and my love for God. At one time I lost 50 pounds and about 23 inches and kept it off until I had back surgery. Now I just cannot do the exercises like I used to be able to do to manage my weight or to be able to keep it off. That is very discouraging!

But, there is light at the end of the tunnel! Something that changed the way I see myself and made me have more confidence is this; God has people see you the way He wants you to be seen! Wow, that was so enlightening and enpowering. I no longer wonder what people think, they are the one's that will have to pay for that later. Now I think and know that people are seeing me for the beautiful person that I truly am! The vivacious, kind hearted, spirited, happy, outgoing, friendly, loving, hard worker, passionate, talented, satisfied and generous person!

So for all of you that might struggle with weight, feeling a bit insecure, say that passage as often as it takes for you to believe it. It will change your thinking and the way you feel about yourself! It has certainly changed my life! So get back that confidence you deserve!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Change your mind, change your life. If you change the way you think about yourself, the way God has intended, you will walk with your head held higher and people will be drawn to your inner beauty. You are a beautiful person, inside and out! The King in enthralled in your beauty!
One thing you always taught me was to walk with an air of confidence, and I say you should do the same. If you are not happy with something in your life, you and only you have the power to make change. You cannot wait for someone else to do it for you.
I love you and I am blessed to have you as a mother!