Thursday, May 22, 2008

Patiently Enduring

Wow, what exactly does that mean? Well, let me tell ya, I know first hand what it means!! Sometimes things happen in our life that we just don't understand the why or the reason. I can assure you there is a reason for it! I know God has a sense of humor and sometimes he has a funny way of getting our attention. He certainly has my full attention.

I have been through some things within the last four weeks that have just literally brought me to my knees! Absolutely gut wrenching things. Of course, that is exactly what He want's. When you are down on you knees, the only thing you can do is look up! You have to know that you know that God has your best interest at heart and He is trying to teach you something.

For some reason, He has been trying to teach me about patiently enduring! Why? I don't have the answer to that just yet, but I will in due time. Sometimes we think we need to get our hands on it or in it to make sure something is taking place and some sort of action is happening to whatever situation we are in. However, that is not what God wants us to do. We have to learn to be patient and endure whatever it is we are going through at that particular time in our life. He certainly will not put you through anything that you cannot handle! What you survive and endure, will make you a stronger and better person for it. I thought I was a pretty strong person! I think God is showing me, yes I am, however, we need to work on a few areas.

So I have come to the realization that you have to continue to be strong, faithful, be in control of your emotions, don't believe everything you see or hear, and have trust in God to know that all will be okay! No matter how bad or bleak it may look, it WILL be okay!! Be bold in your Faith, prayers and know someday you will know exactly why you went through whatever it is you are going through. You will see that light at the end of the tunnel and be thankful for what you have learned and the experiences you have gone through. You will be a better person for it!

No comments: